COVID-19 Secure Measures
Enhanced Health & Safety PrecautionsKeeping our staff, members, and guests safe remains the Naval Club’s highest priority. As we closely monitor and adhere to changes in Government policy, the Naval club has enhanced our health & safety precautions to comply with the recommendations and guidelines set by the World Health Organization (WHO), the NHS and UK Hospitality. We will continue to improve our standards as best practices evolve.
Government Guidance allowed the re-opening of residential Clubs in the UK from the 4th July 2020. Taking into account the economic viability of opening in August the Naval Club Council decided to re-open the Club on 14th September to provide our Members and Guests with the best experience possible within the Governement Guidelines in place. We ask that members and guests follow the guidelines below to ensure the well-being of everyone in the Club.
Our Members and Guests
- The safety of our members and guests is vital and and precautionary guidance will be provided to everyone.
- Hand sanitising stations will be placed in all public areas and entrances, particularly at key areas and ‘touch’ points.
- Enhanced cleaning and at high impact areas long lasting advanced anti-microbial technology products will be used as protection against COVID-19.
- Temperature scanning on entry to check all Members, Guests, Club Staff, visitors and Contractors.
- Covid-19 training and PPE provided to all staff team members.
- Staff areas re-configured with sanitisers, limited capacities in place.
- New working shift patterns and social distancing in place in all working spaces.
- All areas re-configured to provide social distancing.
- Protective visors, sanitiser units and directional signage in place.
- Increased frequency of cleaning.
- Only ensuite bedrooms available.
- Breakfast in the Dining Room and Second floor, depending on volume of occupancy.
- Bedrooms are deep cleaned before every stay and non-essential items have been removed.
Check-in & Check Out
- Scheduled check-in times – Express Check-in & Out available.
- Visors used by Reception Staff and bedroom keys sanitised prior to use.
- Cashless payments encouraged.
- Tables should be pre-booked.
- New capacities in all areas – table service only.
Meetings and Events
Please contact John Sonderskov, the Functions Manager (0207 529 5604), well in advance to discuss your requirements to allow creation of signage, allocation of WC’s and increased cleaning routines.