Menus & Wine Lists
A La Carte Menu
- Jerusalem Artichoke Soup £8.00
Crispy Artichoke, Apples, Bacon Crisp, Chives
- Courgette Salad (v) £7.50
Goat's Milk Foam, Fresh Almonds, Fresh Apricot, Crème of Courgettes, Pickled Girolles
- Beef Tartare £9.00
Horseradish Crème Fraiche, Mizuna Salad, Capers, Quails Eggs, Brioche Bread
- Whiskey Cured Salmon £9.00
Pickled Fennel, Mustard Seeds, Dill Mayonnaise, Brown Bread Crisp
- Crispy Pigs' Ears Salad £7.50
Oakleaf Lettuce, Elderflower Balsamic Vinegar, Goat’s Milk Foam
- Crispy Baby Aubergines (v) £16.00
Aubergine Purée, Baked Tomatoes, Garlic Purée, Crispy Aubergine, Vegetable Jus
- Pan-fried Red Mullet with Sour Dough Crust £18.50
Saffron Braised Fennel, Ratte Potato, Fresh Lemon, Saffron Butter
- Grilled Pork Belly £17.00
Swiss Chard, Pickled Cherries, Brown Butter Mashed Potato
- Breast and Leg of Chicken £19.00
Girolles Purée, Fresh Apricots, Almonds, Sausage of Chicken & Foie Gras, Green Beans, Lemon Thyme Chicken Jus
- Braised Lamb with Bread Crust £19.00
Marjoram Baked Tomatoes, Garlic Purée, Confit of Garlic, Lamb Jus
- Burnt Wheat Grano Arsno Pasta £16.50
Squid, Lemon Olive Oil, Mussels, Salty Fingers
- Home Cured and Smoked Fish Platter £17.00
Whiskey Cured Salmon, Herring, Anchovies, Spiced Cucumber Salad, Dill Mayonnaise, Smoked Eel, Prawns, Toasted Sour Dough
- 28 Day Aged Sirloin £20.00
Triple Cooked Chips, Green Beans with Shallot Butter (Béarnaise Sauce, Peppercorn Sauce or Stilton Blue Cheese Sauce)
- Fish and Chips £16.00
Triple Cooked Chips, Tartar Sauce, Pea Purée
- Mixed Salad, Steamed Potatoes, Green Beans in Shallot Butter, Onion Rings, Skinny Fries or Chunky Chips £3.50 per side
- Apricot Mousse £8.00
Pistachio Frangipane, Apricot Coulis, Roasted Lemon Thyme Tuiles
- Lemon Parfait £8.00
Fresh Strawberries, Dried Strawberries, Home-made Basil Ice Cream, Basil Sugar Syrup
- Blackberry Cheesecake £8.00
Port and Blackberry Coulis
- Selection of Ice Creams & Sorbets
- Selection of English Cheeses
Fig Chutney, Grapes, Home-made Biscuits
Food Allergies and Intolerances:
Before you order your food please speak to our staff if you want to know about our ingredients
Fruity, rounded, everyday red
- Silva Family Wines Cabernet Sauvignon/Carmenère 2017, Colchagua Valley, Chile £17.35
A terrific intense and fresh, wine with aromas of ripe red fruits and toffee. Soft tannins and cherry notes that lead into an agreeable finish.
Good with or without food.
Glass (125ml) £3.15
Glass (175ml) £4.45
Carafe (half bottle) £8.90
Mouth-watering, everyday white
- Berticot, Côtes de Duras, Sauvignon Blanc 2016, Garonne, France £17.35
Dry in style, this delicious white offers aromas of blackcurrant leaf and freshly cut grass, and the taste of ripe gooseberries. A fantastic all-rounder.
Glass (125ml) £3.15
Glass (175ml) £4.45
Carafe (half bottle) £8.90
Classic Club Claret
- Château La Tuilerie du Puy 2014, Bordeaux Supérieur, France £19.60
This is amazing Claret for the price! Enjoy the scent and taste of sweet, juicy blackcurrants and blackberries, backed by the support of firm tannins. Great with red meat dishes.
Classic Club White
- Château La Tuilerie du Puy 2016, “Entre-Deux-Mers”, France £19.60
This Entre-Deux-Mers has good aromas of grapefruit and exotic fruits. Soft in the mouth with pleasant freshness. On the palate has fruity aromatic persistence and notes of white flowers and citrus.
- Gardet Brut Champagne NV, France £56.00
Made from Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier vine varieties, on the nose a mixture of flowers and fruits, the flavour is ripe with a good length on the palate.
- Muscadet Sèvre et Maine, Sur Lie, 2015/16, Domaine Manoir DBH, France £21.00
Pale yellow in colour with aromatic, exotic fruits on the nose, lively rich concentrated citrus fruit on the palate.
- Mâcon-Lugny Les Charmes, 2016, Albert Bichot, France £29.50
Lovely pale yellow with golden highlights. On the nose peach and apricot with a touch of lemon. Full bodied on the palate with good depth and lovely length.
- Trentino DOC Pinot Grigio, 2014, Casata Monfort, Italy £26.00
This wine is pale yellow with copper highlights. Delicate and fruity aromas on the nose, dry and agreeable on the palate. Well balanced and elegant wine.
- Viña Casa Silva Reserva Sauvignon Blanc 2014, Colchagua Valley, Chile £24.60
Chilean SB is generally less pungent than its New Zealand or French cousins, so choose this if you want a light white that still bounces with green, herbaceous flavours.
- Delheim Chenin Blanc 2016, Stellenbosch, South Africa £24.25
An incredibly zesty wine packed with lively lemon and peachy fruit. A great stylistic wine with a creaminess and touch of honey that marks it out a Chenin.
- Saint-Veran, Cuvée Clos du Château, 2015, France £42.00
A very expressive wine with aromas of peach, apricot, and vanilla notes. Ripe fruit with toasty notes, balanced with good minerality.
- Cirro Sauvignon Blanc, 2015, Marlborough, New Zealand £27.90
Cirro is full of classic, mouth watering Marlborough flavours. Intense passionfruit, papaya and guava aromas fill the glass, the palate shows juicy flavours and the finish is long and refreshing.
- Côtes du Rhône, Prestige du Colombier, 2016, France £23.50
Intense ruby colour with purple hints. Well balanced earthy aromas of red fruits and spices with a touch of vanilla. Long fruity finish with mild tannins.
- Brouilly Henry Fessy, 2015, Crus de Beaujolais, France £32.00
Good colour, full-bodied revealing aromas of plum and peaches. A marvellous accompaniment with steak and cheese.
- Château Haut Piquat 2010 Lussac St Emilion, France £32.25
Situated at the edge of Lussac, this is a fine wine with a deep purple colour and complex nose of red fruits and vanilla. Goes very well with meat, game and cheese.
- Casa Silva Pinot Noir 2015 Reserva, Colchagua Valley, Chile £23.80
Red with violet hues, on the nose, fruity with notes of strawberries, on the plate, fresh, with good acidity, very agreeable tannins and note of ripe red fruit.
- Château de Paraza Cuvée Spéciale 2015 AOC Minervois, Languedoc, France £24.00
A rich full bodied intense wine with ripe fruit and elegant length.
- Château Batailley 2009, Grand Cru Classé Pauillac CB, France £68.00
Blackcurrant and berries on the nose with an earthy charm, good levels of attractive fruit with ultra-fine tannins.
- Casa Silva, Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé, 2107, Chile £21.00
Attractive pale pink, hints of raspberries on the nose, on the palate, round, fresh with very good acidity and notes of ripe cherries. Excellent finish.
- Delheim Edelspatz 2014, Stellenbosch, South Africa (37.5cl bottle) £24.50
Single Vineyard Noble Late Harvest Rhine Riesling. Aromas of dried apricot, quince and kumquat. Elegant and intense with ripe fruit and well balanced acidity.
Champagne & Sparkling Wines
- Moët et Chandon Brut Imperial Champagne NV, France Half bottle £34.60 / Bottle £67.50
One of the timeless classics. The tongue-tingling prick of each bursting bubble releases a sea of rich flavours, liquid brioche, hazelnuts and all-butter biscuits.
- Anna de Codorníu Reserva Cava Brut NV, Spain (20cl bottle) £8.70
A lively, dry sparkling wine, produced by the traditional method, that is often described as “feminine” owing to the high proportion of Chardonnay grapes used in the blend.
- Vino dei Poeti Prosecco NV, Veneto, Italy £29.15
Delightfully light and refreshing, this fizz delivers an alluring bouquet of wild flowers and the appetizing taste of orchard fruits.
- The Naval Club Shooting Port Single Glass £3.15 / Bottle £30.45
A terrific, everyday Port that is fairly light-bodied, though there’s plenty of flavour to make up for any lack of weight.
- Taylor’s Late Bottled Vintage Reserve 2011 Single Glass £3.45 / Bottle £41.50
This luscious, upmarket Port is oh-so-easy to drink! It’s brimming with fruit (think ripe brambles and plums) and there’s a delectable touch of chocolate.
Please note: our wine stock is constantly changing,
so it is not always possible to offer the vintages listed.